top of page
Meetings & Programs
Meetings are held once a month from September through June, dates determined by the availability and schedules of our speakers.
During 2022-23, we expect to meet in person with hybrid formats that allow for both in-person and remote attendance. Event times may vary and details will be announced on this site.
When held in person, WWAC meetings typically begin at 6:00 pm with social time and dinner for in-person attendees, with presentations by speakers beginning about 8:00 pm with the discussion and meeting finished by 9 pm. Fully remote meetings typically begin at 7:00 pm with brief time for socializing before the speaker's presentation and discussion. Presentations begin by 7:30 pm and the meeting concludes by 8:30 pm. In either format, members have the opportunity to meet other members of the Worcester World Affairs Council (WWAC) before the program and the speaker presentation, with ample time for Q&A. See a list of our previous speakers.
In addition to its own meetings, members of the WWAC can take advantage of the many special programs and trips offered by and through the World Affairs Councils of America, which also sponsors an impressive annual conference in Washington DC.
- Wed, Apr 19Worcester"How to Prevent State Collapse of Lebanon" with Mona Yacoubian, U.S. Institute of Peace
- Wed, May 10WorcesterCurrent events in Iran, with Trita Parsi, Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft
- Mon, Jun 05Worcester"Averting Hunger and Famine" with Molly Anderson, Middlebury College
- Mon, Sep 18WorcesterNuclear Proliferation, with Mariana Budjeryn, Belfer Center, Harvard Kennedy School
- Fri, Oct 13Worcester"The Future of NATO and the Alliance's Open Door," with Susan Colbourn, Duke University
- Thu, Dec 07Worcester"The New Alliance Network in Asia" with Gregory B. Poling, Center for Strategic and International Studies
- November 2023. Time is TBDLocation is TBDChina and the Taiwan Strait, with Ryan Hass, The Brookings Institution
bottom of page